Saturday, April 4, 2009

john taylor

"Weasels words" shows how our society is constantly decieved and mislead by so many companies. Especially with words such as "never", "always", and "everytime". Each of those words can mislead someone into buying such products. The "weasel words" are often contagious when it comes to their use. For example if a comapany decides to use the words like "my face wash always helps to clear up acne" the other rival companies therefore will then use that same terminology for their future products. After reading the passage I realized that so many of my own products that I have now have weasel words laid out all over the place. Now I realize how much I was decieved into buying such products.

But in end I can't be mad at the fact that the certain companies used decieving words. Because in the end its their job to sell products. And that means by any means necessary. Obviously if the product does the complete oppostite of what they are advertising they fight against, I would be mad. But in the end alot of the products pretty much do the same thing as their competitors.

No comments: