Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Han Cao RR1

The expansion of technology enriches our lives indeed. As what Michael Kinsley describes in "Orwell Got It Wrong",we cannot say that a world without technology will be more democracy. The promotion of Internet provides a broad stage for people to propagate all kinds of remarks,which means thanks to the Internet, individuals 'freedom no longer confined to surroundings, people in the world could share their ideas overnight. For instance, the establishment of Face book is a success. People can contact whoever they want, write about their each day life, post pictures and videos they like. From a political point of view, the Internet makes people enjoy the freedom of political liberty. Decades ago, when government made a decision, individuals never got a chance to discuss about it but accept it. With the Internet, things become easier. Citizens share their suggestions on line and discuss to each other freely, no matter which class they are from. I am a lucky girl living in 21st century, with various advanced technology. I search things I want on line even do not need to leave my apartment. Although I do not go out a lot, I still feel free. Therefore, I agree with Michael Kinsley's opinion.

No comments: