Thursday, May 14, 2009

Maya RR3

I think Americans always refer to the “Declaration of Independence” without really knowing its origins. It constantly quoted in all forms of writings and speeches of other great leaders. It truly is one of the monumental documents that our country is based on. Honestly this was the first time for me to have fully read this piece of writing. I was surprised by how much relevance it still had after so many years. I was very interested in how he used the mixture of logic and emotion to persuade the audience. I’m personally not very patriotic, but I was very moved by Jefferson’s conviction to have an independent country. Jefferson’s use of not only facts, but also passion easily made a very convincing argument. It is inspiring to think back to the generations that had the dream of having a country free of repression from their repressors. I believe that America will always hold that ideal value of a country of opportunity and freedom.

No comments: